First Annual Bastille Days Celebration, in cooperation with the Alliance Française, Chapitre de Grasse
Visit Norfolk’s Historic Ghent Neighborhood to celebrate all that is French! Can Can dancers, street performers, a mock guillotine, Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe, children’s activities, traditional waiters race, tricycle Tour de Ghent (for adults and children), fresh crêpes for sale, plein air painters, and more!
AND be sure to pick up your “Passport” at the Alliance Française booth and explore special promotions and discover new favorites among the neighborhood’s eclectic business mix of restaurants, antiques, gift, and craft shops! (Participating businesses will display balloons in the colors of the French flag.)
Friday, July 11-
- 6:00PM Opening Ceremony - Opening ceremony with Mayor Paul Fraim and French Honorary Consul Nicolas Valcour.
- 6:30PM Can Can Dancers
- 7:00PM Wine and Cheese Tasting at the Green Onion 757- 963-1200 ($25 at the door)
- “CanCan Trocadero”
Saturday, July 12 - Enjoy street ambiance, accordion music, plein air painters, plus…
- 10:00AM French story hour for children (Noodles & Co patio, Alliance Française)
- 11:00AM Tricycle “Tour de Ghent” for children and adults (Washington Park)
- Noon Can Can Dancers
- 2:30PM Waiters Races (Spotswood Avenue sidewalk, in front of Blair)
- For more information about the Alliance Française (a proud member of the Ghent Business Association) visit www.afnorfolk.org