First Annual Bastille Days Celebration, in cooperation with the Alliance FranĂ§aise, Chapitre de GrasseÂ
Visit Norfolkâ€™s Historic Ghent Neighborhood to celebrate all that is French! Can Can dancers, street performers, a mock guillotine, Eiffel Tower and Arc de Triomphe, childrenâ€™s activities, traditional waiters race, tricycle Tour de Ghent (for adults and children), fresh crĂŞpes for sale, plein air painters, and more!
AND be sure to pick up your â€śPassportâ€ť at the Alliance FranĂ§aise booth and explore special promotions and discover new favorites among the neighborhoodâ€™s eclectic business mix of restaurants, antiques, gift, and craft shops! (Participating businesses will display balloons in the colors of the French flag.)
Friday, July 11-
- 6:00PM Opening Ceremony -Â Opening ceremony withÂ Mayor Paul Fraim and French Honorary Consul Nicolas Valcour.
- 6:30PM Can Can Dancers
- 7:00PM Wine and Cheese Tasting at the Green Onion 757- 963-1200 ($25 at the door)
- â€śCanCan Trocaderoâ€ť
Saturday, July 12Â - Enjoy street ambiance, accordion music, plein air painters, plusâ€¦
- 10:00AM French story hour for children (Noodles & Co patio, Alliance FranĂ§aise)
- 11:00AM Tricycle â€śTour de Ghentâ€ť for children and adults (Washington Park)
- Noon Can Can Dancers
- 2:30PM Waiters Races (Spotswood Avenue sidewalk, in front of Blair)
- For more information about the Alliance FranĂ§aise (a proud member of the Ghent Business Association) visit www.afnorfolk.org