Become a Ghent Business Association Member!
The GBA is a non-profit membership organization managed by a volunteer board of directors. The association has been in existence for more than 50 years. Originally, the 21st Street Business Association, now known as the Ghent Business Association, has as its purpose and mission to serve and support the business community.
Collectively we are able to target our marketing efforts via internet, paper, television, radio, and our own Ghent Guide. The GBA promotes and strengthens relationships among all businesses in Ghent and the surrounding neighborhoods. We focus on supporting our members by sponsoring seasonal events and activities that bring pedestrian traffic to Live, Work and Play in Ghent!
Benefits of Membership
• Monthly membership meetings that are both informative and provide an opportunity for networking.
• Opportunity to participate in monthly “Business to Business” segments.
• Free access to membership list.
• Cooperative advertising efforts led by experienced market experts.
• Participation in special social and community events.
• Participation in window decorating contests.
• Awareness of streetscape and other future area plans.
• Participation in long-term plans for the Ghent Business District and Community.
• Participation in safety awareness programs.
• Participation in street beautification projects.
• Provide an opportunity to collectively “make a difference” by supporting worthy community causes impacting our neighbors in a positive manner.
• Free access to Retail Alliance educational programs.
• Opportunity to participate in association health program sponsored by Optima health insurance.
• Experience the collective whole of the organization with representation to the city of Norfolk.
• Inclusion on the GBA website and of calendar of events.
To join the Ghent Business Association, click here to join online & for all Membership Options. You can also download the GBA Membership Application if you prefer to mail in your application and pay by check.