- About GBA
The Ghent Business Association is a non-profit membership organization managed by a volunteer board of directors.
The association has been in existence for more than 50 years and continues to serve the community as a dedicated group of local organizations. There are many benefits to members including monthly meetings, cooperative advertising efforts, participation in community events, and participation in long-term plans for the Ghent business district and community.
- To promote understanding and strengthen relationships among all businesses
in the Ghent neighborhood
- To increase the positive visibility of the Ghent Business Association members.
- To build a sense of community, friendship and cooperation among all
businesses and the neighborhoods they serve.
- To guide and oversee the beautification, preservation, and development of
the business community.
- To provide a positive and influential liaison with the surrounding
neighborhoods, other civic organizations, and elected or appointed city and
- To continually strive to increase the safety and quality of life in the
- To have fun while working and playing together.
General sponsorship and event sponsorship opportunities are available. Contact the Membership Committee for more information.
President: Kelly Johnson, 757-446-9481
Vice-President: Jeff Maisey, 757-237-2762
Corresponding Secretary: Ted Enright, 757-622-4653
Treasurer: Ben Munson, 757-605-4830
Development Chair: Ted Enright, 757-622-4653
Marketing Chair: Jennifer McDonald, 757-403-5852
Membership Chair: Thomas Cannone, 757-424-8663
Streetscape Chair: Dave McDonald, 757-624-6666